It’s easy to find parking at Chicago Park District parks and facilities. We offer metered parking throughout the area. We also offer parking in specific areas like the Field Museum, Margate Park, and along the Chicago lakefront.
Looking to spend some time on the water? The Chicago Park District has convenient boat launch locations near the Lakefront.
Questions? Visit our FAQs for quick answers. You can also contact our Customer Service Hotline at (877) 638-3716.
Pay by Phone Chicago Park District currently offers Pay by Phone at all the metered locations. This service is not available at the gated lots which include North Avenue Beach, Belmont North, Belmont South, and the Conservatory. For more information on how to Pay by Phone at Chicago Park District parking lots click here. Please note the ParkMobile Pay by Phone service is the only system that works for the Chicago Park District lake front lots. No other phone payment app will work at these locations including ParkChicago used for City street parking.
Plan Ahead for Upcoming Events
- Bunny Rock Chicago 5K – March 31, 2018 Hop on over to the Bunny Rock 5K & Egg Hunt at Montrose Harbor on Saturday, March 31st. The festive race offers great fun and excitement for the entire family, including 80’s rock music being played at the start and finish line, amazing amenities, kids petting zoo, and Easter Egg Hunt! Parking Convenient parking is available for ...more »
- St. Paddy’s Day 5K & 8K Run/Walk – March 17, 2018 Chicago’s St. Paddy 5/8K Run & Walk in Lincoln Park returns for its 17th year of Irish fun on Saturday, March 17th. Participants are encouraged to come in green attire or costume, and run along the lakefront course route. Following the race, all participants will receive a free commemorative t-shirt and are invited to the ...more »
- Get Lucky Half Marathon, 7K & 14K – March 17, 2018 Share the luck by participating in the 2018 Get Lucky Half Marathon, 14K & 7K Run benefiting Team Ortho. This year’s marathon will be held at Jackson Park on Saturday, March 17th. The annual marathon is a fun, festive, and friendly way to celebrate St. Patrick’s Day weekend. Marathon courses will run along Lake Shore ...more »
- CPBC Polar Plunge – March 4, 2018 Go take a dive at the 18th Annual Chicago Polar Plunge. The annual polar bear club event takes place in Lake Michigan each year to support Special Olympics Chicago. The plunge will take place on Sunday, March 4th beginning at 10 a.m. at North Avenue Beach. Following the event, there will be a “Melt Down ...more »
- Polar Adventure Days – February 24, 2018 Celebrate winter with the 12th annual Polar Adventure Days at Northerly Island. On February 24th, from noon to 4 p.m., explore Northerly Island and come face-to-face with live animals, such as Siberian huskies and birds, or enjoy winter activities and nature-inspired crafts, including treats at the CLIF Kid Healthy Snack Station, raffle prizes, and giveaways! Parking Convenient ...more »
- Mardi Gras Chaser 5K/10K – February 24, 2018 Earn your beads by participating in Back on My Feet Chicago’s Mardi Gras Chaser 5K/10K run. The event will be held on Sat., Feb. 24th beginning at 10 am. Participants will run on a USATF certified 5K or 10K course at Montrose Harbor. Festive music and masks will be available as motivation. Following the race, runners ...more »