It’s easy to find parking at Chicago Park District parks and facilities. We offer metered parking throughout the area. We also offer parking in specific areas like the Field Museum, Margate Park, and along the Chicago lakefront. Looking to spend some time on the water? The Chicago Park District has convenient boat launch locations near the Lakefront. Questions? Visit our FAQs for quick answers. You can also contact our Customer Service Hotline at (877) 638-3716. Pay by Phone Chicago Park District currently offers Pay by Phone at all the metered locations. This service is not available at the gated lots which include North Avenue Beach, Belmont North, Belmont South, and the Conservatory. For more information on how to Pay by Phone at Chicago Park District parking lots click here. Please note the ParkMobile Pay by Phone service is the only system that works for the Chicago Park District lake front lots. No other phone payment app will work at these locations including ParkChicago used for City street parking.
Plan Ahead for Upcoming Events
- Hamilton: The Exhibition – Opening April 27, 2019 The world premiere of Hamilton: The Exhibition will open on April 27 at Chicago’s Northerly Island. The new traveling attraction is by the creators of the hit Broadway musical, Hamilton – composer and lyricist Lin-Manuel Miranda, producer Jeffrey Seller, set designer David Korins, and musical director Thomas Kail. The immersive experience will recreate pivotal events ...more »
- Kids Run This City – May 11, 2019 The inaugural Kids Run This City race will take place on May 11th along Chicago’s iconic lakefront Lincoln Park. The race will include a 1K, 2K, and 3K for kids up to 12 years old. The race begins at 10:30 a.m., although runners are asked to arrive a half hour early for preparations. After the ...more »
- Komen Chicago Race for the Cure – May 12, 2019 The 2019 Komen Chicago Race for the Cure will take place on Mother’s Day, May 12th. The race will be held at Montrose Harbor to help raise breast cancer awareness and funds benefiting community programs and research. Parking Convenient parking is available for the Komen Chicago Race for the Cure. Refer to the map for more information ...more »
- Cities Projects 5K & 8K – May 12, 2019 The 4th Annual Cities Projects 5K & 8K will take place on May 12th along Chicago’s Lakefront Trail. Based out of DePaul University, the Cities Project is a non-profit organization that uses researched mentoring methods to mitigate environmental stressors for Chicago Public School students in disadvantaged areas. The race serves as a fun outing for ...more »
- Chicago Cubs Parking Special – Offer Ends May 23, 2019 For a limited time only, the Chicago Park District is offering discount parking for all Chicago Cubs home games at Wrigley Field. Now through May 23rd, enjoy $10 special event parking at Belmont North and Belmont South. Parking Discount Cubs parking is available at Belmont North (3600 North Recreation Drive) and Belmont South (3154 Belmont Harbor).more »
- Fifth Third Bike the Drive – May 26, 2019 Fifth Third Bike the Drive is a recreational, non-competitive bicycle ride held in Chicago annually that closes all motor vehicle traffic along the Lakefront. This year, the event will take place on Sunday, May 26th. The bike ride begins several hours before dawn to allow sunrise views of the Chicago skyline and of Lake Michigan. Cyclists ...more »